Outline Kanban Boards Template for Project Management (PPT icons & tables)
13 kanban charts, 39 icons (21 slides)
You can create elegant and professional task boards presenting your agile project status, task distribution and overall product development.
The outline style Kanban template contains:
- 13 predesigned Kanban board: blank tables with user story swim lanes and 3-6 columns from backlog to development, testing and done status. You can fidn there outlines work task cards, whiteboard and black board template slides
- 39 elegant line icons: project stages such as To Do, Testing, Development, Testing, visual cards with work items, activity ID, time estimate, blocker, star, pin, defect and exclamation signs. We added also set of typical IT symbols (software app screen, server, monitor, notebook icons) and general agile project management roles (scrum master, communication, teamwork, measure, data chart).
- Kanban cards in two style versions - modern outlines card shape and sticky note image. Both are vector bases, so you can recolor them as needed, make yellow PostIt white, blue or red for various tasks assignments
- Format: all shapes are fully editable style including size and color in PowerPoint (vector format). See editing demonstration in our HowTo Videos.
What is Kanban?Kanban is a visual project management system. Its roots are coming from Toyota work management system based in using visual cards. Today Kanban is used as one of the Agile methods in project management. You manage tasks workflow using cards placed over table columns, from Backlog column towards Done column. One of the rules it so limits work in progress (limit the number of task cards you are working on). The Kanban method is used in various business sectors, software app development, general product development or graphic design services.
How is the Kanban board used?
The natural form of Kanban is having a physical board with paper post-its. This is the easiest and most effective if you can meet with your team in one place.
However, if you need to document, reproduce or share your Kanban tasks, you can use one of the software applications that are on the market (Leankit, Kanbanize, or you can also use general task management apps like Trello, to name a few).
Another way to keep Kanban on a computer is to use common Office applications, like PowerPoint or Excel to note down or present Kanban board.
That's why we designed an editable graphics template with Kanban cards and tables you can use to manage your project with this Agile methodology.
How to use the PowerPoint Kanban board graphics?
It’s simple. Create a whiteboard representation of your Kanban tables and task distribution, add animation to show tasks dynamics.
You can make elegant printable Kanban boards - save your PowerPoint Kanban into PDF and share or print it in large format.
Kanban board application examples
- For Software development - the most typical use of Kanban boards in the IT sector
- As Agile Project Management method for practically any product development.
- As graphic design projects management
- As Personal Task Management - Kanban can be used not only for professional activities but also private planning. There are Kanban apps also for kids, thanks to the visual form its good form attractive to youngsters.
Content descriptionThe Outline Kanban Boards Diagram include ready-to-use slides:
- Eight-columns Kanban board with task cards in two versions: on light and dark background.
- Kanban board with story swimlanes with eight sections: backlog, to do, development ongoing, development done, testing ongoing, testing done, deployment, done.
- Six-columns Kanban board (outline blank template on whiteboard and blackboard).
- Kanban four-columns chart (light and black background templates presented with sticky notes).
- Whiteboard and blackboard three columns Kanban templates (for showing project management tasks prepared a few zones: to do, ongoing, done).
- Kanban card template and work items description ( with a place for unique ID according on team agreement, activity name, a rough estimate of time needed to finish time in hours, the person assigned, sticker to show a blocker).
Fully editable in PowerPoint set of vector shapes fully editable by using built-in PowerPoint tools, including
- changing color of the icon filling and its outline.
- adding shadows.
- changing shape and size, rotating, flipping the object.
- putting shapes behind or on top of text.
Further resources on Kanban methodology
For more, check Wikipedia definition or
Limited WIP Society community.
For the experience of using Kanban in software development, we recommend
Kanban Story - series of blogs about implementation of Kanban in a team.
Another blog to check is
EveryDayKanban - discussing Kanban, Lean, Management and Teams topics.